Sunday, April 15, 2012

PARTING IS SUCH

                        PARTING IS SUCH…. 

DEAR MUM
[2004] #64

Here I am searching, to write the way I feel,
For without you all these years, life was never real.
You left when I was very young, yes really just a boy,
Doctor said you’d soon be home, his fear-calming ploy.

I miss you Mum I really do and hope that when I die,
That you and I will meet again, up there in the sky.
Fifty birthdays done and gone, since they buried you,
Birthdays shared together, we really had so few.

I miss the way you sang to me, the stories that you told,
The laughter and the happy times, were always ‘good as gold’. 
Tis so sad you never saw, not even one grandchild,
And they will never see as I, the love light in your smile.

Mum, if God is up in heaven and that’s where you reside,
I hope that I’ve been good enough, to be there by your side.
But if there is no heaven, no place for me to come,
Thank you for those happy years when you were,
Dear Mum.

LET ME SIT DOWN HERE BESIDE YOU
#65 [1993]

Let me sit down here beside you, wish I could hold your hand,
And look into your eyes dear, I know you understand.
The years have taken toll but the years we had were gold,
You’re the warmth in my heart that never will grow cold.

Let me sit down here beside you, to talk of times gone by,
I’ll soon be at your side dear, somewhere up on high.
Can you see my hand a’ reaching, feel this love I tender you,
Happiness will reign supreme, when I sit there with you.

I will walk with you in Eden, when my kingdom has come,
We can sit beside the rivers that through Paradise do run.
When again we are united, no longer memories,
Two souls will sing out joyfully, on every evening breeze.

Let me sit down here beside you, to talk of times gone by,
I’ll soon be at your side dear, somewhere up there on high.
Can you see my hand a’ reaching, feel this love I tender you,
Happiness will reign supreme, when I sit there with you.

Let me sit down here beside you, wish I could hold your hand,
And look into your eyes dear, I know you understand.
The years have taken toll dear but the years we had were gold,
You’re the warmth in my heart dear that never will grow cold. 

WHERE YOU NOW BE, CAN I BE TOO? 
#66 [25/12/2009 

As I watch you fade away,
Pent-up loving tears do flow,
Remembering our times this day
Though life has ceased its show

One day soon I’ll come to see,
The pure joy you have for me
Wait for me where ere it be
Until I come to comfort thee

The time has come for you to leave,
We left behind, always bereaved.
Eyes they burn with searing fires,
And will until the pain retires

You will walk in peace content
For you now be heaven sent
Will you be midst the lucky few?
To have a happy start anew.

The life light in your eyes has gone
Only memories linger on
If you can hear me, will it true,
Where you now be, can I be too?

THAT OLD TIN CUP
[I held for you] 
#67 [27/12/09]

Now I’ve washing up to do
So that I will not think of you
Washing plates then it appears,
Your old tin cup, full of tears

That old tin cup I held for you
While you took a sip or two
I knew right then, yes my dear
That your time was very near

You lived your life by my side
And now my feelings I can’t hide
I miss you so, my heart it aches
Unlike that cup that never breaks

The washing up is done and gone
My heartache only, lingers on.
I’d like now one more thing to do
To hold again, that old tin cup for you.

  FINALE [OR] FINALLY

THE AUSSIE SUNDOWN 
[2003] #79

The heat of day hath waned away, with not a breath of air,
Old Sol has done his daily work, retreating to his lair.
His golden orb hath lowered, to touch horizon west,
Then evening breezes start to flow, perhaps at his behest.

Many colored arrows, saturate the sky,
Golden arms reach earthward, from heaven up on high.
Purple clouds tinged with pink, then orange tangerine,
Where else but in this universe, such beauty can be seen.

When day is almost over and darkness wins again,
Sol hath gone to make his bed, somewhere in his den.
Across the sky are glittering star-jewels from his crown,
Trying hard to match this wondrous Australian sundown

Copyright Raymond J Warren 2011-12
                                                                   Fin

Go to next post [Google Australian Ballads and Songs of the Coral Sea Islands if post not showing on side strip].
































No comments:

Post a Comment